Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 28th, 2010 15:00

DMX 4 overall Utilization Disk and Directors (Symmmerge)

This may have been asked before.  Quarterly we get thermal heat maps from EMC on the overall utilization of our DMX4.  Now they've said they will no longer be doing this for us.  I know SymmMerge is not available to the public so my questions.

Can I use symcli to pull disk/FA utilization data?

Has anybody made use of the TTP file that's generated on the DMX and wrapped some reporting behind it?

1.3K Posts

January 28th, 2010 16:00

Have you looked at SPA 2.0 yet?  It doesn't have the heat map (yet) but does have front-end and back-end utilization metrics.

227 Posts

January 28th, 2010 17:00

Quincy , i remeber that SPA needs to be licensed ! its not a free product ..

currently am using performance manager and symstat commands .

1.3K Posts

January 28th, 2010 18:00

You can also pull STP data with Solutions Enabler (storstpd). 

2 Posts

January 29th, 2010 15:00

Thanks Yousef

I'm working with our EMC rep to get SPA.  Hopefully since we spent so much money on the Symmetrix they can help us with SPA.  (Hey, it doesn't hurt to try)

Can you share some of your examples using symstat?

227 Posts

January 29th, 2010 16:00

Hello Julz,

If you are in your ordering process you may have the required licenses , otherwise i doubt , we all spent so much money in symmetrix , let me know if you get success

For front end director ;

symstat -i 10 -c 20 -dir all -sid XXX

symstat -i 10 -c 20 -sid XXX -sa all -type cache

for memo;

symstat -i 10 -c 20 -g Diskgroup# -type memio

if you have the SE symmetrix array managment CLI guide go for statistics ,, will share you more commands and outputs when reach the office.

448 Posts

February 2nd, 2010 04:00

SPA is a new product that should have been incorporated into performance manager.  I am sure that there are many people out there that will feel "burned" taht they have to purchase another product just to get things that should have been "fixes" for performance manager.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

February 2nd, 2010 04:00

ditto to what Robert said, i am also disappointed that it requires tiered license based on capacity.
No Events found!