Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 11th, 2014 11:00

EMC ESRS

Hi ECN members

If my client installs the EMC ESRS software in his environment to enable call home for EMC VMAX is the information collected by ESRS available to the client either via the tool itself or via the EMC Support portal. The type of information we are looking is attached in the .png

1 Attachment

August 11th, 2014 21:00

The information will be collected by ESRS (Policy Manager) not by portal and vendor will be informed by that. You can have IP or Gateway model now, depending on your configuration.

Thanks

Rakesh

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

August 11th, 2014 13:00

Steve,

so what's the question ?

73 Posts

August 12th, 2014 00:00

I want to know if the information collected by ESRS is available to the client. And if it is how does the client access it - through a portal like EMC Support, perhaps the device where ESRS is installed, or like Rakesh mentioned above Policy Manager. Although I am not familar with PM but I did download a product guide for Policy Manager yesterday evening.

August 12th, 2014 00:00

If I remember it correctly, you need to put email of the client/customer. IP based ESRS is the software feature where-in you don't need any router or dedicated host but in Gateway based is needed. You need to check if both are available with VMAX or not.

Policy Manager is the software feature which works with ESRS in order to fetch the notification as per policies set by you.

Thanks

Rakesh

69 Posts

August 13th, 2014 14:00

The primary use case for ESRS is to establish a secure connection between the customer's EMC products and EMC Customer Service. The ESRS tool maintains the connection, and notifies EMC of the connectivity status of the array with a regular heartbeat to EMC. If the array generates an alert or any sort of error message indicating a problem or a potential problem, that information is encrypted and then transmitted to EMC. EMC Customer Service will analyze the data and may open a service request. VMAX is such a sophisticated product, that some error messages will automatically open a service request on the customer's behalf. If the customer allows EMC to connect-in remotely, this enables EMC to proactively address problems or potential problems. To answer your question, EMC does use the data collected from ESRS to provide proactive alerts / notifications / advice through the EMC Online Support site. Take a look at the "My Products" table located at https://support.emc.com/myproducts and the customer will be able to view current versus target code levels, capacity trending, customized capacity threshold alerts, customized technical advisories, status of ESRS connection, and more. You can view the My Products demo I built for a brief overview of this functionality. We're working on additional capabilities to include in future releases, so please keep your eye on this portion of the Online Support site.

73 Posts

August 14th, 2014 05:00

Thank you Benjamin

This is perfect for what I need.

No Events found!