Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 1st, 2011 11:00

Enable direct access to the DRS array

Hi ,

we have two sites, two DMXs more than 40 servers each site, is there is any way to enable direct access from servers on site A to site B array and vise versa , i may create new zones but i recall i cant mask a device on site B to server on site B !!

any one implemenet this before ? they are asking to direct the servers to access the DR array in case i have a faulty issue on the main site !

Thanks,

73 Posts

February 3rd, 2011 05:00

MDS-9509-SW1# sh lic
MDS-9509-SW1#

then this means no licenses were installed?

73 Posts

how can i confirm the licenses installed ? show license ?

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

sh lic

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

Yep, no licenses. I am surprised you don’t have at least Fabric Manager license.

73 Posts

February 3rd, 2011 08:00

ya , am using stand alone FM, what about replication ? I need to suspend the replica first , or to failover ?

73 Posts

February 3rd, 2011 09:00

i have site A(Main) and Site B (DR) currently using SRDF Async between two sites , managament asking to configure site A to access site B array directly if we have somwthing worng in site A (like drive(s) failuers) !? so how to start ..

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

February 3rd, 2011 09:00

it depends what you are planning on doing a DR site ?

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

February 3rd, 2011 11:00

if i were you i would test this before messing with production.

1) setup new VSAN at site A and site B (DR site)

2) place test host in VSAN at site A and an extra FA at site B

3) merge two VSANs

4) zone test host at site A to FA at site B

5) setup SRDF/A pair between site A and site B

6) If your plans are to bring up device on site B, test with it and then discard changes to it and restart replication from site A to site B, you can simply split SRDF relationship. This will make devices RW at B site. If your plans are to bring up devices at site B, use them as production devices while site A is being fixed and then replicate changes from site B back to site A, in that case you want to do SRDF failover.

7) test test test ..don't play with produciton, setup a test scenario

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

February 26th, 2011 11:00

not sure what you are asking ?

2 Intern

• 

1.3K Posts

February 26th, 2011 11:00

at step 6 , r sure "fail over" is the right terminogy?  Split makes both side RW. A regular fail over makes source WD and target RW.

Or you meant fail over and do an establish  in the opp direction?

No Events found!