i have site A(Main) and Site B (DR) currently using SRDF Async between two sites , managament asking to configure site A to access site B array directly if we have somwthing worng in site A (like drive(s) failuers) !? so how to start ..
if i were you i would test this before messing with production.
1) setup new VSAN at site A and site B (DR site)
2) place test host in VSAN at site A and an extra FA at site B
3) merge two VSANs
4) zone test host at site A to FA at site B
5) setup SRDF/A pair between site A and site B
6) If your plans are to bring up device on site B, test with it and then discard changes to it and restart replication from site A to site B, you can simply split SRDF relationship. This will make devices RW at B site. If your plans are to bring up devices at site B, use them as production devices while site A is being fixed and then replicate changes from site B back to site A, in that case you want to do SRDF failover.
7) test test test ..don't play with produciton, setup a test scenario
at step 6 , r sure "fail over" is the right terminogy? Split makes both side RW. A regular fail over makes source WD and target RW.
Or you meant fail over and do an establish in the opp direction?