Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 26th, 2011 01:00

Free SaveDevs from Snap pool to use as STD

Hi.

Is possible to free the savedevs in DEFAULT_POOL to utilize them as STD devices? I've read that in order to remove the devs from te pool they hay to be disabled first, I do that, but can't remove them from the DEFAULT_POOL, i get:

"A savedev cannot be removed from the DEFAULT_POOL, it must be added to a named pool"

How can I completly free them so I can use them for hosts allocation? (I'm critically running out of space and I need to use them). No snaps copy's are established on the array. It's a VMAX.

Thanks.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

September 26th, 2011 04:00

i don't think you can have save devices not in a pool, even if you could remove them you can't convert them to regular devices and present them to the host. After you disabled them you will need to delete them, whether you can re-use the free space to create host accessible device is a questionable but worth a shot.

42 Posts

September 26th, 2011 04:00

Too bad... I though I could re-use them without having to destroy them... don't like to touch the bin file... I prefer to go dev by dev and find something to re-use.

Thanks a lot.

17 Posts

July 11th, 2012 08:00

Hi,

I have approx. 10TB of snap area that needs to be "converted" to data devices.  Is a bin file change the only option?  I too, disalbed the devices, etc....but cannot find a way to "move" them into a thin pool.

Thanks

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

July 11th, 2012 08:00

You will need to delete them and re-create them at data devs

No Events found!