Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 14th, 2013 11:00

How to enable Data at rest Encryption

Hi There,

I am having a Symmetrix Vmax 10K,  I want to know whether DARE (Data at rest Encryption) is enabled or not .

Enabling here indicates whether it is enabled at drive level or not .

I do have symcli command to check the status

symcfg list -sid xx -v  will show the "Symmetrix Data Encryption"  status of the array as enabled/disabled

but my concern here is do we have any symcli command or any way to check whether this option is enabled for drive level.

98 Posts

August 19th, 2013 06:00

D@RE is only enabled at the array level, there is no setting for individual drives.  If D@RE shows as enabled in the symcfg list output, then there is nothing else to do.

Also, D@RE needs to be enabled when the array is originally configured and installed.  You cannot modify the setting after the VMAX has been configured. 

August 16th, 2013 23:00

Please consider moving this question as-is (no need to recreate) to the proper forum for maximum visibility.  Questions written to the users' own "Discussions" space don't get the same amount of attention and questions can go unanswered for a long time.

You can do so by selecting "Move" under ACTIONS along the upper-right.  Then search for and select: "Symmetrix Support Forum" which would be the most relevant for this question.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 19th, 2013 12:00

I agree with the above comment. Here is bit more detail.

To enable D.A.R.E., the following prerequisites need to be met:

• It is supported on the Symmetrix VMAX 40K, VMAX 20K and VMAX 10K (987) systems. DARE is not supported on the VMAX 10K with serial number xxx959xxxxx.
  • Must be a new installed Symmetrix VMAX system with Enginuity 5875 or later.
  • All Engines must have Encryption capable backend modules - P/N 303-176-100B.
No Events found!