Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 18th, 2011 11:00

New to EMC

Hi

I am new to the world of EMC, my background is HP and IBM Storage arrays. Can someone point to a good general user admin manual for the GUI and CLI for DMX-3 and VMax series?

Thanks

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 18th, 2011 12:00

Welcome...You will find documentation on Powerlink.
In Powerlink, please navigate to Support > Technical Documentation and Advisories > Software ~ S ~ Documentation > Solutions Enabler  for documentation on using CLI to control and configure the DMX-3 and V-Max products.  A good document to start with is "Solutions Enabler Symmetrix Array Controls CLI 7.2 Product Guide"
For GUI interface, there are two options, ECC (EMC Control Center) or SMC (Symmetrix Management Console).
For information on ECC; now under the Ionix Family of products, please navigate in Powerlink to Support > Technical Documentation and Advisories > Software ~ E-I ~ Documentation > Ionix Family > Ionix for Storage Resource Management > Ionix ControlCenter
For information on SMC, please navigate in Powerlink to Support > Technical Documentation and Advisories > Software ~ S ~ Documentation > Symmetrix Management Solution.

2 Posts

April 19th, 2011 08:00

Thanks for the infomation

No Events found!