Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 11th, 2015 08:00

Requirements for SRDF implementation ??

Hello Techies.

We are going to get two VMX 200 K . And will we using SRDF for data replication .

Can you please tell me what would be requirement to setup the SRDF setup.

My question is more in term of FC connectivity over WAN link ?

Is there any specific hardware requirement for the layer-2 trafic flow over WAN link using normal MDS SAN switches ?

Please guide..

1.2K Posts

April 11th, 2015 09:00

You should reach out to your sales team to specify the options you purchased, and talk about the options that are available to you.  For example, you may be able to leverage SRDF over IP interfaces, eliminating the need for long-distance FC connectivity.

122 Posts

April 12th, 2015 22:00

Make sure you have a dedicated link for SRDF replication.

Also contact your transmission team for the bandwidth allocation for replication.

859 Posts

April 19th, 2015 22:00

I agree with Karl on this, EMC sales team will be able to help you better after looking your environment.

April 23rd, 2015 16:00

Even thogh, the EMC sales team are your best bet for end to end implementation.

For your curiosity, the MDS switches are enterprise switches and can support the replication capabilities.If you plan for FCIP tunnels.

You will need a 9222i ( 18 FC + 4 gigE ports)blade module in your SAN switch as a hardware.For connectivity to your ISP provided routers ( granted that you connect via your network core switches) you may suffice with the FC cables or may need a GLC-T connector in case our network core requests a RJ-45 connector from the SAN switch.

You MDS switch will perform the protocol encapsulation.

One more thing the configuration paraameters for the tunnel should be consistent across all the MDS siwtches for the FCIP to function with minimum packet losses.

No Events found!