Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 19th, 2010 09:00

SMC Does Not Show Some Arrays Even Though SYMAPI Does

I just recently set up the latest version of SMC on one of our SYMAPI servers.  It has gatekeepers from several differen Symmetrix arrays (some DMX-3 and some DMX-4).  We've been using the server for SYMCLI for years with no problems connecting to all arrays.

When I logged into SMC only two out of the five arrays were even visible in the console.  Anything I'm missing?

448 Posts

February 19th, 2010 13:00

Try logging in as the default smc login see if that has access and can add user to other arrays.

11 Posts

Is this something done internally to SMC?

On all of my other SMC servers the arrays showed up by default without having to do anything with security.  I am logging in under the same account I would if I was using SYMCLI on the server.

I did have to add myself as an authorized user with symauth to get a V-MAX to appear, but didn't think this was necessary for older DMX.

11 Posts

Unfortunately the only arrays I see listed in the Permissions window are the ones that I can see currently in SMC.

Thanks for this help by the way.

448 Posts

Yes its under tasks tab in SMC.  Tasks then permissions with v 7.1.0.

448 Posts

have you given yourself permission to see the array.  You create a user and then you have to give that user permissions to the array(s).

131 Posts

February 19th, 2010 14:00

Do you have all symmetrix attached locally to your SMC server?

All five are local or some of them are remote?

Did you install SMC as a local or Remote?

11 Posts

February 22nd, 2010 10:00

This was the correct answer.  I needed to log in as "smc" and add permissions for my domain users to the arrays that were not appearing.  For whatever reason some arrays are requiring this step while others are not.
No Events found!