Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 27th, 2011 08:00

Tool to analyse Symm/VMAX configuration

Hello Gurus

I am looking for a tool/script which verifies the symmetrix/VMAX existing configuration and generates o/p either excel sheet or csv format. This o/p file shows disks their location like engine, DA's, Size, Type etc then devices allocated to each host. FAs and their settings. Cache settings etc. in short complete encyclopedia of a box. A tool like this will be very useful.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 27th, 2011 10:00

The files are being uploaded to an FTP site.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

We have a tool that we use in Customer Service that will give you the information you want.  If you give me the serial number of your vmax I will run it for you.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

A lot of this info can be gathered with solutions enabler commands, it’s just a matter of putting these commands in a script. How’s your Perl/bash ? ☺

9 Posts

February 27th, 2011 12:00

WOW !!! Thanks a million. You are very helpful.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

February 27th, 2011 13:00

Don,

good spreadsheet, probably not the best idea to post customer information on public forum.

138 Posts

March 1st, 2011 11:00

I had a tool once that read your /var/adm/symcli/symapi_db.bin (something like that) and produced a spreadsheet.  I think it was called "SymmReport".  I no longer have it.

EMC has a BUNCH of really useful tools that they DON'T give to customers, such as "CAP" for CLARiiONs, which turns "SP-Collects" into a spreadsheet, and a tool that reads HEATs and turns them into spreadsheets.

If we could get them, I'd like to know.

Stuart

No Events found!