Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 15th, 2015 23:00

VMAX40K is connected but not displaying in Unisphere 1.5.0.6

Hi,

I have connected VMAX40K to unisphere for vmax. Symcli version is 7.5.0.7 and it is windows 2008  R2 (64bit). I am able to see VMAX20K and DMX4 boxes. But unable to see VMAX40K in univamx GUI. It is appearing  in cli but not in GUI. I have also provided 10 gatekeeper devices. Can some one tell me why it is not appearing ?

1.2K Posts

April 16th, 2015 05:00

You also need to edit the Security settings as well.  In Administration > Security > Authorization Rules, you need to create an Authorization Role for the new VMAX.  By default, only the SMC account has Admin rights to each discovered VMAX.  All other pre-existing user accounts will no access at all.

Let us know if that helps!

Karl

6 Posts

April 16th, 2015 06:00

Thanks Karl,

Actually I tried with authorized account but no luck. I did SMAS service restart in unisphere server next symcfg discover. Also I have added my account in authorization role and then its came.

76 Posts

April 16th, 2015 08:00

symauth -sid xxx list -users will let you know which users have access to this array

Unisphere uses the symauth list regardless of whether symauth is enabled/disabled for general use

April 23rd, 2015 15:00

Balaji, try one thing at a time to be sure that you do minimal configuration changes that are relevant to the fulfillment of your goal.

6 Posts

May 19th, 2015 22:00

Thanks for all. sorry for delay. It was working later a day adding my id in authorized admin users.

No Events found!