Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

August 28th, 2015 17:00

dmx password

I need DMX password, who can provide? Please contact me, thank you.

email:dreams_goon@hotmail.com

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

August 28th, 2015 17:00

no such thing,  contact support if you need assistance. Service processor is for authorized EMC personnel/service provider.

1 Message

August 28th, 2015 19:00

I need DMX password too.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

August 29th, 2015 13:00

same as above, contact EMC support for assistance.

1.3K Posts

August 31st, 2015 06:00

Password for what??

August 31st, 2015 07:00

Password for what? Hardware (SP)?  Or for accessing DMX (SMC /ECC)?

There is no default password for DMX-3/4 hardware if that's what you are asking. EMC will need to be contacted for any relevant queries.

SMC default password is smc/smc.

40 Posts

August 31st, 2015 17:00

SLC CREDENTIAL 

Some say that previous EMC founded ENG engineers leave company, can provide the CREDENTIAL

Why do we buy equipment, but don't let us access to use?

August 31st, 2015 23:00

I agree with akc5247 as he answer  this reply.To access  DMX through SMC .I would like to add little bit more .and for ecc user name and password is eccadmin..If you want to login symwin there are few access level to assess but for this you must should have knowledge CE(customer engineer) .and for credential if you have  powerlink access  you may generate from it.but every body don't have for this .

122 Posts

September 1st, 2015 01:00

Why do you need the service processor password?
Its for EMC engineers to troubleshoot the issues. You can access your storage using various tools for provisioning and monitoring such as SMC, ECC (EOL now), unisphere, etc.,

If you need login to service processor please call SLC help desk.

September 1st, 2015 07:00

"Why do we buy equipment, but don't let us access to use?"

You have to be bit more clear in this. If you are talking about SymmWin access, even if EMC wanted to, they cannot give it to you - since they have to re-generate password every hour or so (or maybe more) based on what the task they need to perform on the box.

If the box is on ESRS, then EMC can locate credentials for you. So, back to square one - if you are going to work on the box - which looks like it is - contact EMC support.

We in this forum are here to help you get close to the answer as possible, but without understanding what you are looking for, we are all shooting blind.

No Events found!