Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 10th, 2012 00:00

symmwin commands for failed disks

Hi All,

can somebody help with best way to indentify failed disks within dmx2/dmx3 from symmwin (inline commands or some procedure from procedure wizard).

Thanks

119 Posts

September 11th, 2012 07:00

Health check should tell which disks are NR I believe.  Then in Inlines you can go to the director and issue E7 until you see the NR drive.  Depending on the code, CC command on the DA may show NR targets, if any are present issue E7 to see them.  Or E7,,target.

859 Posts

September 10th, 2012 02:00

hi,

I have never been a hardware guy but i believe health check report gives you the failed disks info and A7,HOTS gives you the invoked hotspare info... (I may be wrong)

I do know how to check it from the software though? symdisk list -failed

Ignore if you already know it

regards,

Saurabh

16 Posts

September 10th, 2012 05:00

heath check reports gives not ready devices only but not the number and type of disks failed

56 Posts

September 10th, 2012 13:00

You can try the disk replacement procedure under FRU replacement procedure wizard and in that select the appropriate drive replacement like spare or disk and then if you move ahead it will ask you to select the Drive and then you can check the drive type and details. If you dont want to proceed you can stop that time or if you have spare physical drives in hand then replace one by one and run health check everytime.

812 Posts

September 11th, 2012 04:00

Healthcheck report will tell you ' X number of hotspares are configured, x are invoked y are not ready '

Just below this message, it will tell you " XX spare is invoked against YY '  or " XX spare is not ready "

Vipin V.K

138 Posts

September 12th, 2012 08:00

We use "symdisk -sid XXXX list -failed" or something like that.  From a UNIX Server with "symcli" installed.

No Events found!