Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 1st, 2013 01:00

Announcement : Dell OpenManage Server Administrator – OMSA v 7.3 is available Now.

Dell OpenManage System Administrator (OMSA) 7.3 is now published and available for download.

What's New in the current release :

• Added support for the following operating systems:

* Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.9 (32-bit and 64-bit)

* Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 (64-bit)

* Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials

* VMware ESXi 5.1 U1

* VMware ESXi 5.0 U2

* Citrix Xenserver 6.2

• New Features:

Server Administrator:

* Security fixes and enhancements

- Fixed CVE-2012-6272, CSRF, XSS and generic path manipulation

- Upgraded the JRE to version 1.7 update 21

- Upgraded the Apache Tomcat to version 7.0.39

* Added support for Google Chrome version 21 and 22

* Added support for Safari 5.1.7 browser on Apple Mac OSX

* Added support for the following Network Interface Cards (NICS):

- Broadcom 57840S Quad Port 10G SFP+ Rack NDC

- Broadcom 57840S-k Quad Port 10GbE Blade KR NDC

* On 12G systems with iDRAC7 1.30.30 and later, you can set Platform Event

Destination as IPv4, IPv6, or FQDN

Storage Management Service:

* PCIe SSD support for ESXi 5.1 U1

* Remaining Rated Write Endurance status for SAS and SATA SSD attached to a PERC8

* Fluid Cache for DAS support on Red Hat Enterprise Linux6 .4 and Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP2 for PERC H810,H710 Adapter,H710P,and H710 Mini on the following systems:

–  R720

–  R820

–  R620

–  T620

Download Details :

You can go here to download OMSA for your Linux systems http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/driverdetails?driverid=5PDVY

Linux YUM repository has been updated and can be accessed here

http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/

OMSA for Citrix XenServer 6.2  can be downloaded from here: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/driverdetails?driverid=2H7G3

Windows version of OMSA is availble here http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/driverdetails?driverid=WYD5G

The Systems Management Tools and Documentation DVD ISO can be downloaded from here :  

31 Posts

July 1st, 2013 01:00

Direct links to the Dell OpenManage Server Administrator Version 7.3  documents.

1 Message

July 31st, 2013 03:00

hello

can i use the poweredge 2900 to install win server 2012 ?

is openmanage 730 support poweredge 2900 ?

July 31st, 2013 04:00

Dell Systems Management - OpenManage Software SupportMatrix Version 7.3 - ftp.dell.com/.../dell-opnmang-sw-v7.3_Reference%20Guide5_en-us.pdf

38 Posts

Yes, it is supported.

You can refer  "Dell Systems Management - OpenManage Software SupportMatrix Version 7.3 " which is available here : http://www.dell.com/support/Manuals/us/en/555/Product/dell-opnmang-sw-v7.3   

Absolutely you can, please see

Dell Systems Management - OpenManage Software SupportMatrix Version 7.3  

You may want to bookmark dell.com/openmanagemanuals

Best
Vish 

August 20th, 2013 21:00

Dell, there may be an issue with OMSA 7.3 that prevents people logging in if their passwords have non-alphanumeric characters in them.   I'm unable to login as myself into OMSA until I change my password to only letters and numbers.   I can't login with other accounts which have special characters as well, but ones without seem to work fine.  I didn't have this issue with 7.2.  It's affecting both a Server 2008 R2 and Server 2012 machine.

September 6th, 2013 09:00

This is an issue on RHEL6 as well. Very annoying!

October 30th, 2013 08:00

I have several Dell PowerEdge R320 with OMSA 7.3.0 installed. All of the servers have continual issues with starting all the OMSA services upon reboot specifically the "DSM SA Data Manager" service. Also OpenManage essentials is unable to communicate with OpenManage on these servers after a reboot of the nodes until all the OMSA services are restarted. OpenManage shows a grey question mark for the status of the servers.

All the servers are running Windows 2008 R2 SP1. I have at least 4 servers doing the same thing.

The only thing shown in the system event log about Server Administrator is an event id 1006: Automatic System Recovery (ASR) action was performed. Action performed was: Unknown

Is there a bug in the OMSA 7.3.0 code that needs to be addressed?

4 Posts

November 19th, 2013 14:00

I was having the exact same issue described by Cook-User7571. Turns out there is a bug in OMSA 7.3.0 on Windows and Linux with credentials having non-alphanumeric characters in the password. I have verified this in my environment. There is a patch for OMSA, 7.3.0.1, which was released last month and fixes the problem. Luckily only the Server Administrator web portion needs to be updated and not the agent on all ESXi hosts.

4 Posts

November 19th, 2013 14:00

The OMSA 7.3.0.1 patch for Linux and Windows fixes the issue with non-alphanumeric characters in passwords. This one has been driving me nuts with my ESXi hosts.

1 Message

November 27th, 2013 08:00

Hi,

I have been working through trying to get OMSA running on a R720 server.

I installed the 7.3.0 version and immediately had problems logging in.  (one successful login, but that was all)

I have modified the password policy to avoid special characters and still cannot login.  I have tried username, machine name\username, IP address\username.  Same problem.

I am now trying to install the 7.3.0.1 patch.  No luck.  The install gets to a certain point and then rolls back.  Is there a log kept somewhere that might show where the issue is?

There are other problems, but I will stay with this one for now.

Thanks.

2 Intern

• 

743 Posts

November 27th, 2013 13:00

Sometimes with OMSA, after install, I have found that logging off the server then back in, fixes the problem of being able to use OMSA.

It's not consistent though.

JB

1 Message

November 30th, 2013 01:00

Can i install the windows server 2008 R2 on DELL Power Edge 2800 using openmanger 7.3 ?

1 Rookie

• 

101 Posts

December 11th, 2013 08:00

I looked into this further and it seems to be caused by "IE Ehanched Security Configuration" being enabled.  When IE ESC is active, automatic detection of Local Intranet sites is not enabled.

Without the local computer being recognized as being part of the Local Intranet zone, single sign on will not work.  If I manually add the computer to the list of Local Intranet sites or change the "User Authentication \ Logon" option to "Automatic logon with current user name and password" from the default "Automatic logon only in Intranet zone", single sign on will start working again.

1 Rookie

• 

101 Posts

December 11th, 2013 08:00

It seems that NTLM single sign on is not working in 7.3 and 7.3.0.1 on Windows Server 2003 systems.  Either the background loads, then IE pops up a login dialog or we get a 403 HTTP error.  Reloading the URL pops up an IE login dialog.  To get in, I need to cancel the IE login dialog.  I'm then taken to an OpenManage log in web page.  If I enter my username and password there, I am able to get into OpenManage. 

No Events found!