Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 1st, 2014 13:00

CCTK Won't reset the bios

I'm using CCTK to apply some BIOS changes to several different systems.  I want to set the BIOS back to defaults before applying the new changes.  --sysdefaults=reset works on the newer systems, but doesn't work on the older computers like the Optiplex 755 and 960.  I get the error "Either the system hardware or the BIOS version does not support the option.  To resolve the BIOS version issue, upgrade the BIOS to the latest version."  I also tried using --cmosdefaults=enable, but that gives me the error "The option 'cmosdefaults' is not available or cannot be configured through this tool."  I verified both the 755 and 960 are running the latest BIOS.  Do these models not support a BIOS reset command?

July 1st, 2014 21:00

Hi Brian,

From the message it is clear that BIOS is not supporting neither of the options. I will check further on this and get back.

July 3rd, 2014 00:00

Hi Brain,

Use the latest CCTK 2.2.1 and let me know the result. You can download CCTK 2.2.1 from below link.

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails?driverId=6HCTN

Thanks,

Keerthan

2 Posts

July 8th, 2014 12:00

Version 2.2.1 is the version I've been testing with.  I also tried version 2.1 with the same results.

November 4th, 2014 00:00

Hi Bryan,

IMHO, it does not matter which version of DCC or CCTK you have chosen.

As rightly pointed out by you, the BIOS of older systems do not support 'sysdefaults' feature. They used to support 'cmosdefaults'.

If both options are not supported in system even after BIOS upgrade, please consult  the product support for additional help.

No Events found!