Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 19th, 2008 10:00

CIM Connectivity

I can't deploy packages to one Windows Server using ITA. It happens to be the same server hosting ITA, if that matters. When I attempt to push firmware updates to the box, the task immediately fails and reports "File deploy command failed to execute with error message: Unable to connect to the remote system."

So I tried the troubleshooting tool, and when I run the CIM troubleshooter, I get "Failed to connect to - Windows Name Space". Again, the trouble is only on the one machine. ITA doesn't block deployments to itself, does it? Or any other suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks

1 Message

January 6th, 2009 00:00

This could be because of some problem with WMI or Permission. (The account you are using shoul be a local admin)
Try to connect to the WMI using wmimgmt.msc and select Properties.
See if you get any errors or Access Denied there.

Also you may run following test to find out the cause of the issue.
1.Click Start, click Run, type Wbemtest, and then click OK.
2.In Windows Management Instrumentation Tester, click Connect.
3.In the Namespace box, type root\cimv2, and the click Connect.

Check if it has connected Successfully or not. I have seen this problem happening with WMI/ Permission issues.

1 Message

February 19th, 2009 05:00

I am having a similar issue, except it is with every workstation across the board. I did the things suggested above but my WMI knowledge is limited so I didn't know what to test with Wbemtest, but I could connect successfully. I tried using THE domain admin account's credentials to connect to WMI on another machine but I received an Access Denied error. I have tried going as far as giving everyone full controll permissions on every node in the CIMV2 tree, but no difference. Any ideas?

17 Posts

February 23rd, 2009 12:00

Here's a good article on using Wbemtest, permissions, and debugging ITA update issues in general http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/power/ps3q05-20050200-Bransom.pdf
No Events found!