Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 24th, 2012 18:00

Changing RAID 0 to RAID 1 on PowerEdge

Hi All,

I purchased a Dell T310 with (2) 1-TB drives installed as RAID-0.  (I meant to order RAID-1, but somehow it got changed to 0 in my order). The OS installed is Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, I do not have any data on the server yet that I need to keep. The Raid controller is a Perc S100.

I want to change to RAID-1. I have read the literature, but I was hoping someone has a step-by-step guide that has worked for them in the past. I am new to Servers and Raid configurations, but it sounds like it is doable as long as there is no data to worry about. 

Thanks for any help

• 

166 Posts

June 24th, 2012 22:00

Hi BoSmith

Just follow the user guide for the PERC S100 on how to delete the virtual disk raid0 and create virtual disk raid1.

Here's the user guide:-

support.us.dell.com/.../ug_en.pdf

Please refer to page 53 on how to delete virtual disk and page 51 on how to create virtual disk.

Please do take note once you delete and recreate the raid with initialization, your OS and data will be gone.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

2 Posts

June 26th, 2012 04:00

Thanks for the help, the process was fairly easy. I did chat with tech support about a hang during the OS re-installation. I am up and running now in RAID-1.

• 

166 Posts

June 26th, 2012 04:00

Most welcome. Glad to hear your server is up and running.

No Events found!