Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 7th, 2010 20:00

Changing time on iDRAC6 through Linux racadm program

Hi,

I'm working on a PowerEdge R710 and am using an iDRAC6 to administer it. My problem is that the time on the iDRAC is not set to the same time as the PowerEdge server. I've googled around and from what I can see you're meant to use the 'racadm' utility with an option of 'setractime' or for the later versions, something along the lines of 'racadm config -g [option group] -o [option] -v [value]'.

However, when I try to do this, the racadm program supplied does not recognise the 'setractime' and going through the configuration options I can't find anything which sets the time on the board.

Has anyone had this problem before? How do you change the time using the Linux racadm program?

Thank you

2 Posts

November 11th, 2010 05:00

I'm currently having this same issue. It seems with iDRAC6 you can't use that command anymore but there is no other option.

4 Posts

December 28th, 2010 11:00

Having the same issue:

/admin1-> racadm setractime -d 20101228144700.000000-300
ERROR: Invalid subcommand specified.

How else can time be set for the iDRAC?  Through the BIOS?

4 Posts

December 28th, 2010 12:00

Thanks for the confirmation. I tried everything, learned racadm inside out at least. Hope this gets fixed soon, I have a lot of reboots to do.

2 Posts

December 28th, 2010 12:00

I'm afraid you have to shutdown the server for the time to be sincronyzed with the BIOS. That defeats the purpose of such an interface. It's clearly a regression from previous versions.

1 Message

February 18th, 2011 11:00

I poweroff my server - didn't help. The time doesn't sync. It's redicilous.

1 Message

June 30th, 2011 15:00

I am having the same problem where the time is not synchronized after restart / cold start.

What is the current suggestions and advice??

No Events found!