Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 10th, 2014 07:00

Connecting VRTX Chassis to MUMC (Multi-UPS ManagementConsole)

Hallo,

we Updated our MUMC to Release 01.06.0001 to get support for the VRTX.

In MUMC Management Interface we can't connect the VRTX to the Node List.

How we can add the VRTX to MUMC to set a Shutdown Scenario for the VRTX Storage and Chassis. Thanks for your Help.

• 

6.2K Posts

June 10th, 2014 14:00

Hello

MUMC manages UPS' and ULNM. The chassis is not a UPS and you cannot install ULNM on it. To control the shutdowns on a VRTX in the event of a power loss you will install ULNM on the modules. You can then configure the modules to shutdown.

Thanks

2 Posts

June 11th, 2014 02:00

Hello thanks for your reply. We Shutdown our Modules via the MUMC (2 VMWare Hosts) and it works. But is there really no Chance to Shutdown the VRTX as itself? Ist like an hard kill for the Storage. Maybe is there a Chance to run something like a Script via PowerShell to make a clean Shutdown on the VRTX? For us it's not an solution to get the VRTX Storage itself to an hard powerdown on Shutdown Scenario. Thanks

• 

6.2K Posts

June 11th, 2014 10:00

I'm sure you can, but I don't know the exact procedure off the top of my head. You can have ULNM run a custom script in a shutdown scenario. You can have that custom script run RACADM commands. There should be a RACADM command to shut down the CMC.

Shutting down the modules should be sufficient. If the modules are not on then the storage should not be in use.

No Events found!