Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 17th, 2007 00:00

DRAC5 Virtual Media plug-in installation problem

i'm having trouble installing the Virtual Media plug-in.  When i go to the Media tab, i get the banner telling me i need to install the plug-in.  When i click to install the plug-in, i get taken back to the DRAC login page.

i can successfully open the Console (it took me a while to figure out to turn off the pop-up blocker) and everything else in the DRAC web-page seems to work ok.  It doesn't matter if i have the pop-up blocker on or off (i have an exception in for this DRAC regardless), i get the same result.

i've got DRAC firmware v1.20 and i'm using IE7 on XP SP2.

Any ideas?

2 Intern

• 

793 Posts

October 17th, 2007 22:00

Thanks for posting.  Problems with installing the ActiveX plug-in are typically caused by security settings on the browser.  Make the DRAC a trusted site, and then change all the security levels for ActiveX in the trusted site zone to Enable.  That will most always fix the problem.

3 Posts

October 18th, 2007 07:00

Thanks Jeff,

i think the plug-in in question is unsigned.  The DRAC was in the Trusted Sites list but unsigned plug-ins were disabled (i clicked a couple of other permissions too so i can't be 100% certain).

Thanks for the quick response and resolution!  :)

August 10th, 2017 10:00

10 years later...

With IE 11... Settings > Compatibility View settings > Add the URL for the iDRAC Card

1 Message

August 24th, 2017 18:00

Thanks Howell worked like a charm..  10 years later!

1 Message

October 3rd, 2018 11:00

Hi All,

I know this is an older post now but i found a "plug and play" solution for those that don't wont to use internet explorer to manage there older machines. the solution come in the form of an extension call IE tab which i discovered while trying to resolve this exact issue it's on both chrome and firefox although as I don't use firefox i am unable to test that version this will run a compatibility mode for IE version 7 to 11.

Hope this helps

DPR1604 

April 9th, 2019 11:00

Still works after 12 years!

No Events found!