Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 4th, 2016 15:00

Dell Command Configure (CCTK) - Setting Thunderbolt Boot Support?

Hello,

For the Precision 5510 I am having issues finding the correct Command | Configure settings for the two BIOS settings shown in the attached image.

The two thunderbolt options I can find do not toggle boot support.

Can anyone tell me the correct CCTK names to set the values of these two options?

Otherwise we will be manually touching hundreds/thousands of these from our first orders.

Thanks

April 5th, 2016 00:00

Hi,

Dell Command Configure 3.1 does not have support for Thunderbolt Boot Support. It has only support for enabling thunderbolt ports and thunderbolt security.

Upcoming release of Dell Command Configure will be having the support for other thunderbolt related features.

9 Posts

April 6th, 2016 08:00

Thanks for the information.  I will inform the team we will need to manually touch each device in upcoming orders.

{EDIT}  My manager is requesting an ETA if one is available.

April 11th, 2016 04:00

Hi, 

I am sorry. Currently I don't have exact date for next release.

I am assuming that you are configuring using SCE. If you are ok to use Dell Command Configure CLI to configure "Thunderbolt Boot Support", you can use commands below - 

cctk --token=0x0440 for enabling 

cctk --token=0x0441 for disabling

Please let us know if it works for you.

9 Posts

April 12th, 2016 12:00

I receive

"The state byte is not available on this system"

for both commands. 

Any ideas?

Do you have a list of all the new tokens for the 5510 including the options highlighted in the original photo? 

Thanks

April 18th, 2016 19:00

Can you please tell me the BIOS version on your system? I doubt that you may have older version of BIOS. 

9 Posts

April 19th, 2016 15:00

Thank you; we received much assistance from our Dell representative in regards to this issue as well.  He confirmed that we require BIOS 1.2.0 in order for this to work.  We were on 1.1.19 which is why it did not work

Precision 5510 BIOS 1.2.0 or higher required....

Thunderbolt Boot

Enable - cctk --token=0x0440

Disable -  cctk--token=0x0441

Thunderbolt Pre-boot module

Enable - cctk --token=0x0442

Disable -  cctk--token=0x0443

Thanks everyone!

2 Posts

July 5th, 2016 19:00

Thanks for these settings.

I'm hoping someone can help me find another setting within the CCTK tool. I'm looking to disable 'Wake on Dell USB-C Docks' . Within the BIOS it is located under Power Management -> USB Wake Support -> "Wake on Dell USB-C Docks".

It is not on all machines but it is found on the Precision 5510.

Thanks in advance!

July 6th, 2016 22:00

Hi, 

DCC 3.1 does not have this feature and it will be going to be part of our next release. But you can still use below commands to make it work.

Wake on Dock 

Enable - cctk --token=0x0446

Disable -  cctk--token=0x0447

Thanks

No Events found!