Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 19th, 2013 17:00

Dell PowerEdge900 E1810 Fault

I have a Dell PowerEdge900 that was displaying a E1810 fault HDD 2 failure.  We swapped out out the HDD after three hours of waiting for the HDD to rebuild the PERC would lock up and the fault would again display E1810 fault again.  I replace the the drive again just to ensure the first HDD was not faulty with no change.   We troubleshot and thought it was the PERC and replaced it and again we received the same fault and the PERC would lock up.  

We did identify that the firmware on the new HDDs are different.  OLD firmware MS0A, NEW firmware GS09.  Could this be causing the problem or is there other hardware causing problems.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

• 

6.2K Posts

July 19th, 2013 17:00

Hello dulibarri

I would have to review a controller log to find out what is going on. Based on the information you have provided I would suggest trying the HDD in a different slot, and also try different cables. If you post a controller log somewhere and link to it I will review it.

Thanks

9 Posts

July 19th, 2013 19:00

We're trying to save the data.  Currently we can not boot the system.  We are getting a message the boot drive is not available on the PERC.

• 

6.2K Posts

July 20th, 2013 11:00

We're trying to save the data.  Currently we can not boot the system.  We are getting a message the boot drive is not available on the PERC.

What RAID level?
What PERC?
What model is the server, R900?
How many drives are in the array?

To pull a controller log you will need to boot to a live CD/DVD like OMSA live. You can then pull the controller log and save it to a USB to transfer it off the server.

http://linux.dell.com/files/openmanage-contributions/omsa-71-live/OMSA71-CentOS6-x86_64-LiveDVD.iso

Thanks

No Events found!