Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 21st, 2012 02:00

Dell XP Mass Storage Drivers for ConfigMgr OSD

Hi,

We are currently planning for ConfigMgr OSD across our estate.  We have 18 different model Dell desktop and laptop for which we require relevant drivers.

I have downloaded the driver CABs for each model but due to the large number of drivers, the time it will take to import these drivers into the ConfigMgr database, as well as the management of maintaining these drivers going forward, i have decided to create raw driver packages as opposed to importing the drivers,

The issue im faced with is that for mass storage driver support in XP we need to create a driver package containing the mass storage drivers for each model of workstation on the estate.

This page lists the drivers required http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/os-applications/w/wiki/2561.operating-system-deployment-xp-mass-storage-driver-reference.aspx

However, i am struggling to find anyof these drivers, well at least the Dell release of them.

Can anyone offer any assitance as to where i might find each of the drivers listed in the above link?

Many thanks in advance

1.1K Posts

May 21st, 2012 11:00

My recommendation to to create one driver package for "XP Boot Critical" devices and import the Mass Storage Drivers you need into it.  This will allow you to use raw driver packages for everything else to limit the bloat of your driver store.

Intel is pretty good at being backward compatible with their Mass Storage Drivers, so you may only need a couple of them to cover all the systems you need to support.  Since drivers are updated frequently, I would grab the Mass Storage Driver from the latest model you are using and see how many system are supported by that driver.  

Use the XP Mass Storage Reference to help you identify the configuration you need to use in your task sequence for a given model.  

If that one driver doesn't cover all the systems you have, then you will need to get an older driver for those older models.  Again, select the newest version of the driver that works for the rest of the systems.

No Events found!