Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

August 31st, 2010 09:00

Device Details missing in IT assistant 8.7

I am running ItAssistant version 8.7.0 and cannot get any details on any of my servers in the Device View. The Device Summary is okay, but nothing comes up when clicking the Device Details link.

I recently upgraded from 6.2 and am running running W2K3, IE 8, SQL 2000 sp4, Java 6..17,

Inventory and status updates appear to run without error.

The only other issue is that the default shortcut "C:\Program Files\Dell\SysMgt\ITAssistant\bin\italaunch.exe" for ITA does not work. I am forced to use https://servername:2607/ but this was the case before the upgrade and the device View worked at that time.

2 Intern

• 

793 Posts

August 31st, 2010 17:00

Thanks for posting!  If you delete the discovery ranges for all your servers, create new ranges, and rediscover them, I have occasionally seen missing data like that filled in correctly.  These symptoms are more common when inventory doesn't run correctly or OMSA is not up to date, so good job troubleshooting this issue!

2 Posts

September 2nd, 2010 12:00

Thanks for the reply Jeff,

I have tried deleting and re-adding a few individual ranges (not all at once) but it has not helped.

Every single inventoried system has orphaned the Device details.

For each system I see just the header, and Device Details : ServerName. The rest of the page is blank.

On the other hand, the device Summary page is fully populated.

Any other ideas?

387 Posts

September 2nd, 2010 12:00

I too had this problem, but learned to live with it.  Never got it resolved.  Installed on new box, with new OS and everthing shows now.  Pretty extreme, but it was time to upgrade the box anyway.  Good luck!

No Events found!