Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Message

April 11th, 2019 06:00

How to recover the Idrac 7 Enterprise license

On My server R420 I had iDrac 7 Enterprise, but when I reset it I got Express license , please any one knows how I can recover the previous License Enterprise. Thanks to All

4 Operator

• 

2.9K Posts

August 5th, 2021 09:00

We would need to perform our verification before issuing a license. In order to do that, we'd need you to provide the company name on record as the asset holder.

August 6th, 2021 04:00

I could provide that information, if you sent me a private message, 

1 Message

January 27th, 2022 09:00

My team and I have misplaced our license, and we need it, is it possible to provide you with the service tag and serial and you send it to me please? it would help out a ton

• 

8.8K Posts

January 27th, 2022 10:00

MorganWillis,

I can certainly look into it for you. The only stipulations are that I would first need you to provide your contact details and company # when you send the svc tag, to include an email.

Also, for your security, please Private Message me the tag and details. 

Thank you.

• 

8.8K Posts

March 4th, 2022 05:00

Vic0791,

Would you private message me the svc tag for the server, as well as your customer #, company name, and contact details? Then I can confirm if it is available for us to resend. 

Also, the license should be displayed under your Dell Digital Locker as well, so you can also check there as well. 

Let me know.

1 Message

March 4th, 2022 05:00

Hi , I got problem with unresponsible dell R420 , after removing network adapter from idrac, it started working again but enterprise licence is lost. Is it possible to recover it. I can provide ST, express ST and one number from qrcode also.

1 Message

April 13th, 2022 00:00

I have a similar problem.

I flashed the current firmware on a R320 and lost the enterprise license, because I forgot to backup it.

Can someone help me get it again?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Jochen

• 

3.3K Posts

April 13th, 2022 05:00

Hi Jochen,

you could check your ServiceTAG order if there is the iDRAC license listed we(the support) could provide you the key if you sent us in a non-public channel your ServiceTAG.

If you received it another way you have to contact the department(Sales) or company that sold you the license.

Regards Martin

1 Message

May 26th, 2022 04:00

Hello! I have a similar problem. I had a problem with IDRAC 7 on poweredge r720xd. Yesterday the system stopped seeing IDRAC and Lifecycle controller. I installed new firmware using sd card as shown in this article: https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000120131/poweredge-idrac-recovery-procedure-with-firmimg-d7. Now IDRAC is working, but now license is express, although it was Enterprise.

I signed up for DDL, but when we bought the server we didn't have any registration codes.
Could you please help me?

• 

8.8K Posts

May 26th, 2022 07:00

DaniilB,

If you have access to the code you would use this walkthrough to assist in loading it. If you don't have the key it should be in your Digital Locker, if purchased from us. If not then you can Private Message me the svc tag of the server, as well as the company name, and I can see if the license is available to send. If you don't have the previous company name then you will need to do a change of ownership before we can send it. You can find instructions on the change of ownership here, which includes steps if you got it from a 3rd party.

Let me know if this helps.

1 Message

July 18th, 2022 18:00

Hey, I seem to be in the same sort of situation. I foolishly forgot to backup the license before updating and am now stuck without the enterprise activation. I don't mean to necro the post, just hoping I can get the issue resolved. Thank you!

• 

2.4K Posts

July 19th, 2022 00:00

Hello,

Please try to download your license from the Dell Digital Locker

https://dell.to/3cp3Xxb

The FAQ can guide you through the process.

While you work through that you may try an evaluation license:

iDRAC temp license evaluation license https://dell.to/3ofSFOy

In case you have an issue with obtaining license from Dell Digital Locker, please, write me a Private Message with Service Tag, as well as your customer number, company name, and contact details?

we need to have the listed asset holder listed for verification purposes. Then I will try to obtain license for you. 

Hope that helps!

July 27th, 2022 02:00

Hi Dylan,

Please help me to provide iDrac7 license which i lost it when upgrade the firmware. im unable to PM u

• 

2.4K Posts

July 27th, 2022 03:00

Hi, if you can't reach your license via Dell Digital Locker please send me a Private Message with Service Tag, as well as your customer number, company name, and contact details? In this way, I'll check and verify your informations.

3 Posts

October 2nd, 2022 14:00

I have a DELL R720 that was originally purchased with an Enterprise IDRAC7 license. It has the hardware module and looking up the service tag reveals that it did have the software license as well. As the server is second-hand, I do not have access to the digital locker used to purchase the server.

Yet, as these licenses are NEVER supposed to expire once purchased, can I on those grounds request that the license be re-issued to me?

As the license is bound to the service tag of the machine, I cannot see how that could be abused, so please, throw me a bone

Thanks,

Thor, TTK

No Events found!