Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 16th, 2012 05:00

ITA and MS SQL Express

Hi

Just trying to get ITA (v.6.5.0.2247_A01.21) installed on my 64 bit Windows 2008 server.  I've gone through all the prerequisites and installed a default instance of MS SQL Express from the zip.

I've then gone to install ITA with just information messages in the pre-reqs, it lets me install bu then compains that it cannot find the default instance of MSSQL.

For info, I can see the server instance in SQL from the server but can't seem to see the instance remotely.  I also have WSUS running which uses an MS Internal DB and also MS SQL 2005 for Backup Exec.

Any thoughts? :emotion-7:

Regards
Simon

2 Intern

• 

793 Posts

February 16th, 2012 15:00

When you are going through the installer make sure you choose to install a Default Instance of SQL, not a named instance with the default name like MSSQLServer or something like that.  Also, sometimes I've seen ITA have some problems when there are multiple SQL instances on a system, so if that doesn't work, try ITA on a different box.

You might want to put it on a different system anyways since putting ITA on the same system as other applications that have periods of high network traffic is very likely to cause SNMP packets to be dropped.  This can show up as intermittent failure to discover systems or alert traps not being received.  

No Events found!