Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

November 29th, 2009 13:00

ITA bundle deployment failing

ITA 8.2; PE2950, PER300 and DP500 servers; Win2003 R2 x64.

I have trouble with ITA bundle deployment to our servers every 3 or 4 months when new updates are available.

Most servers are discovered, though a couple are not.  Not sure why that is.  For discovered servers, can’t seem to get the server bundles to deploy.

Online repository synced and imported to ITA repository.  This is set up to occur automatically each month.  Package deployment failed with an error that an update component could not be found in the repository, or a timeout occurred after about 15 minutes. 

Manually synced and imported again, with the software reporting success for each software bundle.  Comparing the repositories shows more files in the ITA repository, but those files that are in both are the same version.

Deployment results are the same, or have the additional error (code 3022) that the image could not be created in the repository.

This process has already consumed most of the day and I have yet to get ITA to successfully update a server with the necessary package updates.  The ITA java software is slow and occasionally requires a server restart when the java processes consume 100% of CPU resources.

Will probably start updating with an SUU disk, but can’t figure out why the ITA software can’t push updates to the servers.  Do others have this much trouble using this software?  I'm reading that the newer DMC is not very reliable, so I don't want to mess with something else that doesn't work well.

No Responses!
No Events found!