Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

1 Rookie

• 

183 Posts

June 22nd, 2016 11:00

LC job performance vs omconfig for changing disk controller write policy

Hello, I would like to not use OMSA (omreport/omconfig) because it seems it will go away in the future due to agent less monitoring and because it relies on the dcstor32/dcstro64 service to be running. I favor racadm and WSMAN to the idrac over omconfig.

However, the performance of some commands using LC Jobs is bad. For example, setting the disk controller vdisk write policy. Omconfig takes less than a second and the LC job after creation takes ~2 mins.

(In powershell using local racadm)

Omconfig:

PS C:\> (measure-command {$out = omconfig storage vdisk action=changepolicy vdisk=0 controller=0 writepolicy=fwb}).totalseconds;$out
Command successful!

LC Job:

PS C:\> racadm jobqueue delete --all

PS C:\> racadm set Storage.VirtualDisk.WritePolicy.1 'Force Write Back'

PS C:\> get-date;racadm jobqueue create RAID.Integrated.1-1 -s TIME_NOW --realtime;do{get-date;$out=racadm jobqueue view;$out;sleep -Seconds 5}while ([string]::IsNullOrEmpty($($out | select-string -SimpleMatch "[100]")));get-date

615 Posts

June 22nd, 2016 11:00

For controller/disk work I prefer MegaCli

A bit of a learning curve but robust and responsive.

1 Rookie

• 

183 Posts

June 23rd, 2016 07:00

Good idea.

I have used MegaCLI and PercCLI for items when omreport or racadm have fallen short before (mainly "transparent" battery learn cycles that are not so harmless). Maybe it is time to start using the LSI tools more frequently over Dell tools.

No Events found!