Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

December 26th, 2009 16:00

Lost Files

I need help finding files saved on my computer.  They were deleted when a system restore was performed.  They are not in recycle bin.  I cannot do a system restore to go to previous pt as I do not want to lose the recently added files and cannot do a back up of them for several reasons.  I am wondering.  Is there a way to recover files from hard drive.  I feel these files are here someplace just not sure how to undelete them if  I can at all.  :emotion-9:

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 26th, 2009 17:00

A Windows system restore will not delete files - if you restored the system using a quick-restore, whatever was on the disc was overwritten and will be all but impossible to recover.

3 Posts

Well let me explain better.  It was a Cache and Temp Delete to uninstall a program then was told to reinstall this program.  I did and noticed the files missing after a system restore.  You see I was told to do this to unistall a program completely then to just reinstall it.  There were logs... my business chat logs.  Those are missing.  I followed the path using search and path.  They are gone now.  These are very crucial to my business.  I was told that the system restore did this but feel the deletion of cache and temp did it.  Thanks for all your help.:emotion-1:

3.4K Posts

Hello,

If you know the names of the files you can perform a search. :emotion-21:

No Events found!