Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 28th, 2013 09:00

MUMC Shutdown of ESX 5.1 Hosts through vCenter

I am having an issue while configuring the MUMC to shutdown my ESXi 5.1 Hosts through vCenter.  I'd rather not use the UNLM on each host, if I could avoid it.

Configuration:    Two ESXi 5.1 Hosts, one physical server which runs vCenter and some other software that is non-VMWare friendly. The VMWare servers are in a HA cluster configuration.  The UPS plant consists of two Dell 3750 Series UPS with the network card.  MUMC is installed on the physical server.

I've configured the hosts according to the documentation and tried to mimic the post of "Dell UPS 2700W, MUMC and vSphere 5.0 configuration"  (http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/servers/f/956/p/19495340/20316238.aspx#20316238) with two hosts rather than three. 

Neither host will enter maintenance mode, nor will they shutdown if the enter maintenance mode option is selected.

If the enter maintenance mode option is disabled, then both hosts shutdown based on their timers. 

Essentially, i'm looking to achieve the following:

1.  If the power is out for > 5 minutes, then have the redundant host enter maintenance mode, evacuate the VMs to the primary host.

2.  Shutdown the redundant host for greater ride through time (granted not much, but enough to buy a couple of extra minutes)

3.  Wait for low battery condition. (~10 minutes of runtime remaining)

4.  Shutdown the primary VM host.

5.  Shutdown the Physical Machine.

5.  Shutdown the UPS. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you!

No Responses!
No Events found!