Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

June 9th, 2016 09:00

Manually add plugin to Dell Repository Manager

I am having an issue where my DRM will not download the plugin to create the bootable ISO's.  This was working before but the plugin is now missing and I need to put it back.  The download issue is related in to my environment and is not a Dell issue.

I am running DRM 2.2.0.614, the latest. 

In order to work around my download issue,   I figured out that the plugin I need is dtk_830.cab and successfully downloaded it from a different computer.  I put it in a folder on the DRM server, went to DRM, Application, Settings, Plug-in Update, Settings, and chose the folder that I put the plugin in as the source.  However, when I click OK, DRM does not see any plugins.

Is the plugin source folder supposed to be in a particular structure?  The documentation does not mention that.

Aside from updating the plugins, where is DRM expecting the plugin to be?  Is there a way I can just put the plugin files there?

• 

8.8K Posts

June 9th, 2016 15:00

WkWicker,

The download issues you are seeing are likely due to a partial or full outage on the FTP site. Which appears to still be the case currently.

With the plugin locations, if you are using Windows, would be

C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\

or specifically in

C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\RepositoryManager\Payloads

Let me know if this helps.

29 Posts

June 13th, 2016 10:00

Is the Dell FTP site still having issues?  I assumed it was something in my environment because I couldn't manually download the plugin with a browser but could if I used a cellular data network.

Anyway, I'm still not able to download it from within Repository Manger.  I had put the dtk_830.cab file in the Payloads folder but DRM still indicates the current version is "not available" indicating the plugin is not installed.  Is DRM wanting to see this plugin as the .cab file or extracted? 

29 Posts

June 13th, 2016 14:00

I have found a couple of issues with the plugins and found a work around.

When I manually downloaded the plugin with a browser the file was saved as dtk_830.cab. When this file was in the Payloads DRM did not see that I have a plugin.  However, I renamed the file to DTK_830.cab and DRM did see the plugin so it appears DRM is case sensitive for the plugins.  I then attempted to create a bootable ISO but the job would fail immediately.  I was able to find an older plugin in another user's Appdata Payloads folder,  DTK_740.cab.  I put that in my mine and deleted the DTK_830.cab.  Now DRM saw that I have the DTK 740 plugin and created the bootable ISO with no issues.

DRM appears to be case sensitive when looking for the plugins and there appears to be an issue with the DTK_830 plugin.

• 

8.8K Posts

June 13th, 2016 14:00

It does appear that the FTP is still currently having connection issues, but am glad to hear that you discovered a work around.

No Events found!