Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 20th, 2010 06:00

OMSA 6.3.0 doesn't show the server components

I installed the OMSA 6.3.0 on a R710 (Windows Server 2008 R2). The installation went well but it doesn't show the different hardware components under the MainChassis. I don't see CPU, Memory, FAN,.....

The storage information is visible.

347 Posts

July 20th, 2010 08:00

I'm curious, did you use the dell SMTD disk to install the OS, or did you use the OS disk alone for the OS installation?

13 Posts

April 29th, 2011 02:00

Hei,

I've got the same problem. I just can install the Web-Server. Other Components aren't offered for installation. It's confirmed that the systems affected have been installed using the unattended windows installation procedure and not the SMTD disk from Dell. So obviously some parts are missing there.

Is there a way of fixing this without reinstallation?

2 Intern

• 

793 Posts

April 29th, 2011 17:00

I have occasionally seen problems like this when OMSA is installed on a server with out of date BIOS, ESM, or iDRAC firmwares.  Try updating those and see if that works.  If not, check the four DSM SA * services to see if they are installed and running.

13 Posts

May 5th, 2011 05:00

Hi,

thanks for the feedback.

AFAICS the services you mentioned are located in /opt/dell/srvadmin/... That's exactly the installation folder for the OMSA, if I'm not mistaken. My problem is that when I run the installation via ./supportscripts/srvadmin-install.sh I only get the choice of installing the Web-Server. All other components are missing.

Since this system has been setup without the SMTD disc from Dell I expect something which helps the installation routine to determine what kind of Dell system that is is missing.

3 Apprentice

• 

944 Posts

May 6th, 2011 13:00

2 questions:
1. Which Linux OS are you using (versions etc)
2. Do you have the option of using the SMTD to reinstall the operating system?

13 Posts

May 9th, 2011 07:00

Hei.

1. Systems are all running RHEL 5.4
  2. Reinstallation would be possible at some of them, since I discovered this before all of them went live, but not all. Of course this would be the easiest option.
No Events found!