Start a Conversation

Unsolved

1 Rookie

• 

117 Posts

December 18th, 2018 07:00

OMSA 9.2 "Keystore was tampered with, or password..."

I just imported bundle v680 for R610 and R620 but the package for OMSA 9.2 keeps failing to install successfully.  It looks like it installed but does not respond and the OMSA page is inaccessible.  I manually downloaded OMSA 9.2 and installed it but the OMSA page still does not load and I get "took too long to respond.".

On the server I can see the port listening and my client connected to the page.

The patch for 9.2.0.2 does not install either it starts to install then rolls back.

OMSA Running.png

1 Rookie

• 

117 Posts

December 18th, 2018 08:00

I found this in the cataline/tomcat logs.  Im not sure why OMSA should even start/stay running.  This looks like a critical error.

18-Dec-2018 07:59:02.489 SEVERE [WebServerThread] org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.handleSubClassException Failed to initialize component [Connector[HTTP/1.1-1311]]
 org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Protocol handler initialization failed
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.initInternal(Connector.java:935)
	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.init(LifecycleBase.java:136)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initInternal(StandardService.java:530)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initInternal(StandardServer.java:852)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:633)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:656)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.load(Bootstrap.java:306)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:491)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at com.dell.oma.registration.OMAWebServer.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AbstractJsseEndpoint.createSSLContext(AbstractJsseEndpoint.java:114)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AbstractJsseEndpoint.initialiseSsl(AbstractJsseEndpoint.java:85)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint.bind(NioEndpoint.java:216)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AbstractEndpoint.init(AbstractEndpoint.java:1043)
	at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.init(AbstractProtocol.java:540)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Protocol.init(AbstractHttp11Protocol.java:74)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.initInternal(Connector.java:932)
	... 19 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect
	at java.base/sun.security.provider.JavaKeyStore.engineLoad(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/sun.security.util.KeyStoreDelegator.engineLoad(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.security.KeyStore.load(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SSLUtilBase.getStore(SSLUtilBase.java:139)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SSLHostConfigCertificate.getCertificateKeystore(SSLHostConfigCertificate.java:204)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSEUtil.getKeyManagers(JSSEUtil.java:184)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AbstractJsseEndpoint.createSSLContext(AbstractJsseEndpoint.java:112)
	... 25 more
Caused by: java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Password verification failed
	... 32 more

• 

6.2K Posts

December 19th, 2018 10:00

Hello

OMSA 8.5 is the latest version I show supported for an R620. OMSA 9.2 is listed as compatible with 14th generation servers. The R620 is 12th generation, the R610 is 11th generation. You can find compatibility information on the "OpenManage Software" support page.

http://www.dell.com/openmanagemanuals/

During installation or upgrade OMSA services should be shut down. The installer should perform this operation, but if you have issues with an installation it is recommended that you manually shut down the services to perform the install. If the services do not shut down properly then some components may fail to update because they are in use.

Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

117 Posts

December 20th, 2018 07:00

OMSA 9.2 is part of the R620 bundle version 680. So Dell put it in the bundle for the R620. I doubt that page is updated with the latest information. Seemed like the processes stopped but perhaps not. I tested on a fresh installation of Windows 2016 and it worked fine. I will go back to the problematic servers uninstall everything (reboot/kill processes if needed) and re-install again to see what happens. Thanks.
No Events found!