Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 19th, 2013 17:00

OMSA on Windows Server 2012

I installed v7.3 of OMSA onto a new Windows Server 2012 box.   The install seems to go OK but I'm having an issue being able to log into it with Domain Credentials.   It seems to accept the credentials, but then it just comes right back to the login prompt.  The reason why it seems to accept them is that if I intentially type the credentials incorrectly, it will then say "Login Failed", but if it's correct, it just refreshes the screen and comes back to the login prompt.  This happens if i'm logged in locally on the server or doing it remotely.   I've added the server to my trusted and intranet groups in the browser.  I've turned of the firewall.  I'm not checking the "Active Directory" box (tho i've tried it checked and it doesn't work either).  No errors appear in any logs, unless there is a log inside the OMSA directory I should be looking at.   If i type in a local account, such as \Administrator with it's password, it logs in and works.   I have OMSA installed on all of our other servers and they won't seem to have an issue, but this is our first Server 2012 box, the rest are all 2008 R2.

Any thoughts?

October 31st, 2013 18:00

FYI, Dell released a patch to 7.3.0.1 and this issue appears to have been fixed!

August 19th, 2013 18:00

Huh, ok, this makes the situation even stranger.  I can't login, I can't login as the Domain Administrator (both accounts are in the Domain Admins group), BUT if I take a non-admin account, make it an admin on just that server, I can login using it.  Actually I can login using it before I give it admin rights, it just has "user" permissions in OMSA.

August 20th, 2013 20:00

OK, found out some more stuff, it's apparently not an issue with Server 2012, it's an issue wtih OMSA 7.3.   All the rest of my installs were 7.2 up until now (since 7.3 is new).  If I put 7.2 on the 2012 server, it works fine too.  I installed 7.3 on one of my existing 2008 R2 boxes (that I could login to prior) and then I couldn't login anymore.  Hopefully they'll fix this with 7.4 or an update to 7.3

August 20th, 2013 21:00

Looks like I found the answer, it's definately an issue with 7.3 and it has to do with it not liking special characters in my password.  My Administrator account also has special characters in it, but the other ones i tested that worked, didn't.  I verified this by changing my password to something simpler and it worked, however this is not a solution.

1 Message

September 12th, 2013 12:00

Thanks for posting all this information I can confirm this is definitely a problem and your solution of removing special characters from the password works.  I really hope they fix this issue soon since all of our passwords contain special characters...

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

June 10th, 2024 15:05

Seeing this issue with v 9.1.0 on a Windows Server 2012 R2 system.  If I use a password without just alphanumeric I can log in.  Thanks for the clue!

• 

4.1K Posts

June 12th, 2024 09:21

Just leaving this for anyone who would stumble on this:

OMSA will be EOL this year.

No Events found!