Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

July 19th, 2018 06:00

OSMA page cannot be displayed

I have inherited a two server Exchange Cluster (Exch1 & Exch2) with a Dell MD3200 storage array attached to Exch1 and a HAG.  Exch2 is currently the primary server and OMSA is working fine on it.  When I try to load OSMA on Exch1 I get the cannot display page message.  Is that because Exch2 is the primary server?

Why cannot i load OSMA on Exch1? 

Thanks in advance for your help and I apologize for so many questions.  But I am very new to managing servers.  Having to fill in for someone that left.

• 

8.8K Posts

July 19th, 2018 08:00

Braunhtf, 

There could be multiple reasons for the Page Can't Be Displayed message, from ports to configuration, as well as versions. Would you confirm the server models, as well as the version of OMSA being used? If the servers are fairly new, have you tried using OM Enterprise?

Let me know. 

11 Posts

July 19th, 2018 09:00

Servers Dell PE R620

Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

Exch1 OSMA v7.1.0

Exch2 OSMA v7.2.0

22 Posts

July 20th, 2018 02:00

From an elevated command prompt on Exch1 can you see if you get output similar to the following. This will indicated whether there is anything for the browser to connect to.

C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads>netstat -an -p tcp -o | find ":1311" | find "LISTEN"
  TCP    0.0.0.0:1311           0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING       1516

Then take the number from the final column of that output and confirm what's listening. Note it may be a different image name for the 32-bit version of OMSA.

C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads>tasklist /fi "PID eq 1516"
Image Name                     PID Session Name        Session#    Mem Usage
========================= ======== ================ =========== ============
dsm_om_connsvc64.exe          1516 Services                   0    196,016 K

If there is an endpoint listening and you are using Internet Explorer to connect, its behavior can be affected by IE Enhanced Security Configuration settings etc.

If there was something listening but the browser can't connect and doesn't even receive a certificate warning I've found the quickest solution to these issues is often to simply remove and reinstall OMSA, but this can lose customizations in the alert configurations.

11 Posts

July 20th, 2018 04:00

C:\Windows\system32>netstat -an -p tcp -o | find ":1311" | find "LISTEN"
TCP 0.0.0.0:1311 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 3792

C:\Windows\system32>tasklist /fi "PID eq 3792"

Image Name PID Session Name Session# Mem Usage
========================= ======== ================ =========== ============
dsm_om_connsvc32.exe 3792 Services 0 54,188 K

So from this result I should uninstall an reinstall OSMA.  Is that correct?

• 

8.8K Posts

July 20th, 2018 05:00

I would go ahead and attempt the reinstall.

Also, I want to thank pseud0 for the very informative and helpful posting. 

22 Posts

July 23rd, 2018 06:00

OK, after confirming again that there is something listening on 1311/tcp I'd suggest trying a different browser to eliminate any browser configuration issues. The portable version of Firefox is generally what I use for this kind of test so that there is no application footprint. It is also worth switching Firefox settings to explicitly use no proxy rather than system settings.

While trying to connect with the browser it is also worth running the following from an elevated command prompt.

netstat -n -p tcp 1 | find ":1311"

and see if the state of a connection goes to ESTABLISHED or is stuck in SYN_SENT

11 Posts

July 23rd, 2018 06:00

I uninstalled and reinstalled the OSMA this morning and still have the same result.

No Events found!