Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 13th, 2014 07:00

RAC stuck in Flash mode

I tried updating the DRAC firmware on one of our M710HD servers yesterday and it has only half worked. The server is up and running ok, however I cannot get into the DRAC. In the web interface there is no information about it, and running racadm with any commands gives ERROR: Card is in Flash Mode. I cannot physically get to the server as it is located 300 miles away in a datacentre. How can I reset the card?

5 Posts

May 14th, 2014 02:00

Sorted it! I downloaded a compiled version of the ipmitool and copied it to a datastore that the problematic host could access. I then SSH into the host, changed directory to wher I had put the ipmitool, modified permissions to allow execute with chmod a+x ipmitool, then ran ipmitool mc reset cold. After a couple of minutes my DRAC connection was restored

• 

8.8K Posts

May 13th, 2014 09:00

Chrislip,

You may need to do a racadm racreset and see if that works. If that fails you may have to go with the racadm racrestcfg, but you would need someone onsight to login and assign the ip information to the drac after that command, as that restores to factory defaults.

Let me know how it goes.

5 Posts

May 14th, 2014 01:00

Hi Chris Thanks for the reply. I've tried both of those commands but get the same error on both - ERROR: Card is in Flash Mode. The Server is running ESXi and I can SSH to it. Is there anything I can run from within ESXi to resolve this? I also have access to the M1000e so is there anything within here that I can run? Thanks Chris
No Events found!