Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 1st, 2012 11:00

RAIDCFG Utility to Slow Initialize Virtual Disks

I'm using RAIDCFG.EXE from DTK to configure an H700 Raid Controller on an R910.

I'd like to start the slow initialize of a virtual disk. From the documentation, the command is:

raidcfg -vd -c=X -vd=Y -ac=sli

I get a command successfull message immediately. 

How do I know what the status is of the initialization? 

Thanks for any help.

March 6th, 2012 08:00

For more information on slow and fast init please refer <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

15 Posts

May 11th, 2016 07:00

Sorry, I know this is an old post, but it was the first I found when I was trying to answer the same question. Testing on an H830, I was able to use LSI's megacli tool to find the initialization status:

megacli -LDInfo -LALL -aALL
Background Initialization: Completed 21%, Taken 312 min.

• 

6.2K Posts

March 1st, 2012 17:00

Hello NessAbgay

The only place I am aware of that might give you a percentage completed of the initialization would be the controller BIOS. I haven't tested with an H700 myself, but I know my PERC 5's on my servers show a progress bar in the controller BIOS for initialization.

RACADM status commands and OMSA will only let you know the status. I'm pretty sure you cannot get the progress from any other source than the controller BIOS.

Thanks

March 5th, 2012 22:00

Using raidcfg utility you will not be able to check the initialization status. You can check by using OMSA storage page or Controller BIOS page.

6 Posts

March 6th, 2012 07:00

Thanks for the responses.  Having to either manually check via the Controller BIOS or via OMSA under the OS kind of defeats the purpose of Automating Deployment.  I guess it does not really stop me from loading the OS and partitioning the drives while the VDs initialize in the background.

No Events found!