Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 19th, 2010 03:00

[RH5.2]SNMP write request failed.

Hi there,

I've got a problem with the ITA and the SNMP configuration on RedHat 5.3 clusters.

There are several servers which return a failure running the SNMP-Troubleshoot test in the IT Assistant Version 8.5.0 with "SNMP write request failed for Set community names ...".

What I've checked so far:

• The file /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf is identical with the ones on the systems where it's working fine.  
  • The SNMP version is the same.
  • There's no firewall between the ITA-Server and the clients.
  • The Kernel version of the system where it's working is 2.6.18-128.1.1, it's failing on a system with 2.6.18-128.4.1, but I don't know if this actually affects the problem.

is there anything I've missed to check. Something that could actually cause this problem? Anyone experiences with this?

regards,

Daniel

2 Intern

• 

793 Posts

November 30th, 2010 16:00

This is just a wild guess, but when you created the discovery ranges for those systems in ITA, did you put the exact same (case-sensitive) community strings in the Get and Set blanks?

13 Posts

December 2nd, 2010 05:00

Checked. All written in lowercases, string-length: 6

Other suggestions?

13 Posts

December 21st, 2010 05:00

OK. I'm on the next step.

I get a positive test-result using the troubleshooting tool in OMIA.

I just followed the steps mentioned in the documentation and the set-operations are working now as well.

But one problem remains: I don't get any data from the system beside the IP-addresses. The name resolution works, though.

I also removed the object from the configuration, let it be discovered again, but the situation remains unchanged. The same situation has been verified on a second system with the same result as well.

Any suggestions what to do if now information is gonna be delivered by the system?

- No Firewall

- OMSA installed and running.

regards,

daniel

No Events found!