Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

March 7th, 2005 06:00

RHEL4 support

Does someone knows when openmanage will work with RHEL4.

We have great needs to update in order to be able to use 2.6.X kernel but we re stuck by OMSA.

626 Posts

March 8th, 2005 17:00

Probably June/July 2005 timeframe

626 Posts

March 8th, 2005 19:00

Actually, at the end of march or beginning of april, there might be a release and it won't officially support RHEL 4.0, but it will probably work. But it won't work on RHEL 4.0 64 bit, only the 32 bit version... There might be a release in late June/July that will officially support RHEL 4.0 32 bit and 64 bit.

626 Posts

April 5th, 2005 13:00

You could try OpenManage Server Administrator 4.3 on RHEL 4.0 32 bit and it will probably work just fine.  It won't work on the 64 bit version of RHEL 4.0 though.

OMSA 4.3 is available for download now.

5 Posts

April 5th, 2005 13:00

Is there any further news on this subject? A 5 month delay between release and support is a bit excessive as it is...

Kyle

5 Posts

April 13th, 2005 08:00

Superb! It works perfectly.

Thanks very much :-)

Kyle

9 Posts

April 19th, 2005 13:00

I've downloaded this version for my PE 1800 running RHEL4 (SCSI). It comes as a tarball which I opened up. In the linux directory are two subdirectories. The rpm in the rac directory won't install 'cuz of a dependency problem. However, the other rpm appears to install--ie., rpm doesn't complain--but there is no sign of it anywhere. Attempting to reinstall it, gives a message that its already installed. However, when I go to check it with rpm or uninstall it, rpm complains that it is not installed. Whats going on here? BTW, I did import the key file.

5 Posts

May 23rd, 2005 17:00

Have you tried installing use the install scripts? If memory serves, they can be found in supportscripts/linux/. This is the proper way to install it, and will install appropriate dependancies beforehand.

Kyle

9 Posts

May 24th, 2005 03:00

@kylegordon wrote:
Have you tried installing use the install scripts? If memory serves, they can be found in supportscripts/linux/. This is the proper way to install it, and will install appropriate dependancies beforehand.

Kyle

Kyle,

Thanks for the response. I'm looking at the directory where I unpacked the file that I downloaded: OMI-MgmtStat-Dell-Web-LX-430.tar.gz. No such direction exists. Did I not download the correct file(s)?

Thanks

Allen

5 Posts

May 24th, 2005 07:00

Hi,

What are you wanting to install? The tarball that you have mentioned is the Management Station tarball. I was talking about the Server Administrator tarball, OMI-SrvAdmin-Dell-Web-LX-430.tar.gz, available from http://support.euro.dell.com/uk/en/filelib/index.aspx?sid=PWE_PNT_P3C_2850&cat=36&os=LE30&dev=2331&devlib=36&fileid=R95729

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the one you should be installing on servers, and keeping the Management Station tarball for your, urrm, management station :-)

Kyle

5 Posts

May 24th, 2005 07:00

dammit, I thought the forum may automagically parse links. And my fault for not using the preview post function...

9 Posts

May 24th, 2005 11:00

@kylegordon wrote:
Hi,

What are you wanting to install? The tarball that you have mentioned is the Management Station tarball. I was talking about the Server Administrator tarball, OMI-SrvAdmin-Dell-Web-LX-430.tar.gz, available from http://support.euro.dell.com/uk/en/filelib/index.aspx?sid=PWE_PNT_P3C_2850&cat=36&os=LE30&dev=2331&devlib=36&fileid=R95729

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the one you should be installing on servers, and keeping the Management Station tarball for your, urrm, management station :-)

Kyle

Well, DUH! I'm downloading it now. Interesting that I have to go to a UK site to get it. Thanx. I'll let you know what happens when I attempt the install.

9 Posts

May 24th, 2005 12:00

@jjudoal wrote:

@kylegordon wrote:
Hi,

Kyle

Well, DUH! I'm downloading it now. Interesting that I have to go to a UK site to get it. Thanx. I'll let you know what happens when I attempt the install.

Got it installed and it seems to be working. :)) At least the system report function is. Got to go to work now and will explore it further later.

Thanks for your help.

BTW--we have the same last name.
No Events found!