Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 2nd, 2006 20:00

Recommended versions of firmware/drivers for OMSA 4.5?

Hi,

I've been mostly an HP Proliant guy for many years and am well-versed with Insight mgr. Our company just received approx 150 new Dell 1850s, and 2850s for our data center.

I'm not familiar with the recommended versions of OMSA and matching drivers/firmware I should be using. I want to update all our systems to a bundle that is stable.

The CDs which shipped with these systems are version 4.5
I've installed the OpenManage Server Administrator on my test box. So far so good.

Should I stick with v4.5?

Also, more importantly, let's say I stick with v4.5, which versions of firmware and Windows 2003 driver sets should I use?

In the HP Proliant world, they had bundles (ie you updated the server with the 7.50 firmware updater CD, and you matched the drivers/agents in Win2003 by installing the 7.50 management agents and drivers)

Just wondering if there is a similar version coordination I should be using in the Dell world?

We have PERC 4e/Si RAID controller drivers and DRAC4 cards on all of these.

Thanks for any hints!

5 Posts

August 3rd, 2006 17:00

Update: (answered my own question)

I called up HP support and they recommended going with version 5.0 of OMSA
And use the latest Win2003 device drivers. They said the firmware can be left as-is, unless OMSA alerts me to update one or more firmware versions.

So I'm testing version 5.0 of OMSA today and plan on using this in our master Ghost image. I'll post here if I have any further updates.

Thanks
No Events found!