Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

May 10th, 2013 02:00

Remote File Share connection is unavailable

Hi, 

We use iDRAC6 and I was trying to use Remote File Share but got error: Remote File Share connection is unavailable. Settings I used:
User Name - name.surname@subdomain.local
Password - "password"
Image File Path - \\192.168.0.2\Win2012\Win2012.ISO

When I connected to server and run this commands:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\SysMgt\idrac>racadm remoteimage -s
Remote File Share is Disabled
UserName
Password
ShareName

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\SysMgt\idrac>racadm remoteimage -c -u name.surname@subdomain.local l -p "password" -l \\192.168.0.2\Win2012\Win2012.ISO
Remote Image is now Configured

UserName
Password
ShareName

It seems I am not able to configure Remote File Share neither way, do I have to configure Active Directory access on iDRAC to user domain authentication with "name.surname@subdomain.local"?
Where could be the problem?

thanks

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

Can you try "/" instead of "\"

racadm remoteimage -c -u name.surname@subdomain.local l -p "password" -l //192.168.0.2/Win2012/Win2012.ISO

Also not sure whether l after "password" is a typo

89 Posts

It seems the same:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\SysMgt\idrac>racadm remoteimage -c -u name.surname@subdomain.local l -p password -l //192.168.0.2/Win2012/Win2012.ISO

Remote Image is now Configured

UserName

Password

ShareName

Ping and share access works fine from windows well to 192.168.0.2,

89 Posts

June 1st, 2013 10:00

Hi, any ideas on this?

thanks

1 Message

February 14th, 2015 11:00

I know it has been more than a year, but did you find a solution to your problem. 

8 Posts

April 14th, 2016 09:00

I thought I might tag onto this, since it was similar to some issues we are having now.  

We originally had this issue connecting the virtual cd to a Windows share about a year ago, in order to resolve that we had to use some funky formatting in the url on our script (/\/\server.fqdn.com/\share/\file.iso)  This worked for a while, then broke for one reason or another.  I revisited this recently trying to fix, and now find our problem is a GPO setting where we are requiring NTLMv2 authentication, the iDRAC does not support this (also had to eliminate special Chars in the password), also the funky formatting no longer works and we can use the unix style //.  Maybe because we have upgrade the RACADM file we are using...  

My question now is, is there a way to use NTLMv2 authentication?  Or other method?  

I am surprised by the lack of information on this, I guess most people can use PXE to boot from but we don't have that option for server provisioning so we use the virtual cd to boot off an iso we generate.  I like the way HP allows you to connect the virtual cd via an http download, that has worked flawlessly for us,

23 Posts

April 14th, 2016 14:00

Try to use

NetbiosDomainname/Username
like "subdomain\Username"
instead of the UPN Logon Syntax.

1 Message

April 13th, 2017 13:00

It's been another year... I still see this behavior on current iDRAC firmware.  Any updates??

March 22nd, 2023 09:00

iDrac has issues connecting to network share when using an account with passwords that have special characters (in my case !, #, +)

No Events found!