Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

November 18th, 2003 09:00

SSL public key in text

In our organization, I must get a private key from a Certificate Authority.  They need the public key in a format they can read like text to issue the private key.  The key that the Dell OpenManage Server Agent generates is in some sort of database file called "keystore.db".

How can I export/extract this public key to text.?

5 Posts

November 18th, 2003 13:00

Thanks for your response and reference to the documentation.  I guess I didn't ask my question clearly enough.

I know how to create the public key.  The issue is the format that the key is created.  It isn't a text file, such as is created with IIS, netscape, openSSL and Apache.  It is some other format.  the key file is "keystore.db".  My Certificate Authority uses a standard format - the one used by IIS, netScape, Apache and openSSL - which is a text file.

So, how can I get a the text version (not the db version) of the key so that I can submit it to receive aprivate key?

1 Message

November 18th, 2003 13:00

As referenced in the OpenManage 1.5 documentation (

http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/software/svradmin/1.5/en/ug/4using.htm#104
3676), go to the Preferences home page, click General Settings, then the Web Server tab, and click X.509 Certificate. Use the X.509 certificate tool to either generate a new X.509 certificate, reuse an existing X.509 certificate, or import a root certificate or certificate chain from a CA.

5 Posts

November 18th, 2003 14:00

For those who may be reading this - mulhern and I figured it out.   The "text" format i needed is called PKCS#10.  here's how to create it

On the Server Agent go to Preferences -> General Settings

Then click "Web Server" -> X.509 certificates

Select "reuse an existing certificate" and click next

In the drop down select "Certificate Signing request" and click next.  the next page will be the certificate in PKCS#10 (or "text").  You can also select "Display Contents" if you require other formats.

No Events found!