Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 10th, 2010 20:00

SUU Plugin for Dell Repository Manager download issue

Im experiencing an issue with using the Dell Repository Manager's inbuilt process to download and install the plugin for SUU where due to my company's internet link configuration, the download is timing out when trying to download via Repository Manager.

The error I get is as per below:

SUU Plugin download encountered an error.
Downloader is not able to verify the signature of 'ftp://ftp.dell.com/sysman/SUU_620.cab'

I've manually downloaded the SUU.cab file its trying to retrieve from the ftp.dell.com site, and I'm just wondering what exactly is the plugin files within the CAB file that it needs, and how or where do I install them manually so I can do the SUU build without needing to download the plugin from Dell's site?

342 Posts

February 15th, 2010 14:00

Got this back from one of the developers ....

He just needs to drop the SUU cab that he’s downloaded to his Repository Manager Payloads folder. Assuming that Windows is booting from the C drive, this folder is typically found at “C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application Data” on systems without User Access Control (UAC), such as Windows XP, or “C:\Users\\AppData” on systems with UAC.

For instance, I run vista and my payload is located at C:\Users\jamal_blackwell\AppData\Local\RepositoryManager\Payloads. He’ll have to perform this step for every user that wishes to use repository manager on the system that he is using to prepare the SUU.

Hope that helps.

2 Posts

February 15th, 2010 16:00

Thanks Scott (and your developer), as the above instructions worked perfectly.

As an FYI, I am running the RM on a Win2k3 OS, so the location is C:\Documents and Settings\%USERID%\Local Settings\Application Data\RepositoryManager\Payloads

11 Posts

August 9th, 2010 15:00

If you're having trouble locating the Payloads folder, you might have to show hidden files and folders to see the Application data/App Data folder.

1 Message

December 6th, 2010 14:00

Any chance the developers could write this to not be profile specific? Seems redundant to have the cab file in every profile.
No Events found!