Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 27th, 2008 12:00

Server Administrator

I have installed Server Administrator on to many servers but for some reason the System Storage is not listed. I have seen some errors in the event log referring to disk storage that go back several days and it was only then that I checked Server Administrator to see where the problem was. Needless to say, Storage isnt listed, which will explain why I never received any alerts.

Does anyone know why this wouldnt be listed?

884 Posts

May 27th, 2008 16:00

Check to make sure Array Manager is not installed. If it is not, then modify the installation of Server Administrator and make sure that the storage services are selected to be installed.

291 Posts

May 28th, 2008 04:00

Select custom install, and make sure you have selected the Storage component in the custom install options.

2 Posts

May 28th, 2008 07:00

Thanks.

I initiated Server Administrator Installation and noticed that Storage Management was not part of the install as it detected an old firmware version. I should have noticed this sooner.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

1 Message

November 25th, 2008 04:00

Hello for everyone,

The company I am working for has several DELL servers. I would like to install complete Server Administrator on all servers and want to use MOM to get the alerts of it. I have few question about this.

1. There is a management pack for MOM to can handle events sent by SA. It is free or should I pay for it?

2. On most of the servers the SA has been already installed. Can I install agents of it without reinstalling the SA? If yes, please let me know how.

3. I would like to update BIOS and other drivers/firmwares. Should I install all the released updates one-by-one, or I can install only the latest one?

Thank you in anticipation.

28 Posts

December 2nd, 2008 16:00

Hi,

Although your original post is alittle old. I'm not sure if you got your issue resolved. You may need to update the firmware and drivers for your PERC controller before it will let you manage them in SA. I had the same issue where it was not letting me see the storage in SA.

Regards,

Hugh

793 Posts

December 4th, 2008 16:00

First, in the future I recommend creating a new post for your questions.

1. It is free, go download it:  http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?&fileid=205523

2. Can you install agents of what?  Make sure you have the latest version of OMSA (5.5).  You don't have to reinstall OMSA if the service pack file will patch your current version.

You can get the full install version or the service pack file by clicking "More Download Options" instead of "Download Now" on the downloads page.  This is what you will see: http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&deviceid=2331&libid=36&releaseid=R198997&vercnt=7&formatcnt=0&SystemID=PWE_2900&servicetag=&os=WNET&osl=en&catid=-1&impid=-1

3. If you have a very old BIOS or PERC firmware, you should do the updates one by one, but you can usually skip over every other one.  In particular you want to install every Urgent update, but you can skip the following Recommended update and then install the one after that.  If your BIOS or PERC firmware is only a version or two older than the latest one, just install the latest firmware.

No Events found!