Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 25th, 2013 12:00

Server health check before OS

Hi, 

if I am installing new server or reinstalling  old one, is any server health check provided by DELL before I install OS?

thanks,

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

April 25th, 2013 14:00

"Also is this software compatible with all Dell servers? "

Most.  In the Compatibility section of the download page, it will list the servers that particular version will work on.

"I guess this iso is bootable as I understand from txt file."

Yes.  You will download and run the file, it will create a bootable ISO you can either save and burn yourself or burn directly to CD.

On the T710, you can go to F10 and choose diagnostics from the system services boot options.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

Dell's 32-bit Diagnostics run outside of the OS and are the most thorough diagnostics they have, and is a good idea to run before building a server for production.  32-bit Diagnostics can be downloaded and run to create a number of different types of media (CD, USB, network, etc.), are written to a diagnostic partition on the disk on factory installations (accessed by F10 Utility Partition) on older systems, and on newer systems, it is usually available in the boot options of the BIOS/lifecycle controller.

89 Posts

what about 64 bit?

was not able to completely understand this sentence, why need to access F10 or BIOS?

"are written to a diagnostic partition on the disk on factory installations (accessed by F10 Utility Partition) on older systems, and on newer systems, it is usually available in the boot options of the BIOS/lifecycle controller."

thanks

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

April 25th, 2013 13:00

For example:

PowerEdge 2850 - if installed from the factory (or using Dell's installation utility to install the OS), the F10 Utility Parititon during POST will load the diagnostics utility from disk.  You can also boot to the 32-bit Diagnostics CD to run diagnostics.  If the OS is installed directly from a Windows disc, for example, and not using the installation utility, the F10 prompt will still be present, but it will NOT work for running diagnostics.

PowerEdge R710 - has the diagnostics utility built into the system hardware and is accessible through the boot options in F10.  These diagnostics are available regardless of the method used to install the OS.  You can also boot to the 32-bit Diagnostics CD to run diagnostics.

Dell's server hardware and processor options support both 32-bit and 64-bit OS/software and are not 64-bit only (e.g. Itanium), so the 32-bit diagnostics utility will run on any Dell server and 64-bit diagnostics are not necessary.

Maybe it would be easier if you listed which system(s) you are interested in.

89 Posts

I am interested in T710 right now. I was able to find on support.dell.com site 32-bit Diagnostics. File is 2,7 mb. I guess this iso is bootable as I understand from txt file. Also is this software compatible with all Dell servers?

thanks

89 Posts

Thank you

No Events found!