Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 9th, 2014 01:00

Special Characters for Password (IDRAC)

I would like to know which special characters (non-alphanumeric) are not acceptable for passwords for DRAC 5,6,7 ?

They appear to support different character sets and the information are not complete in the user guides.

Is there a difference for the password requirements in DRAC for blade / poweredge server ?

Thanks.

EDIT:

the key to this question should be " non-supported special characters when using the RACADM command to set users passwords."

• 

3.4K Posts

September 9th, 2014 02:00

DRACs for blade and servers are the same requirements.

For DRAC 5, I may need some time to investigate.

For iDRAC6, Page 130

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_electronics/esuprt_software/esuprt_remote_ent_sys_mgmt/integrated-dell-remote-access-cntrllr-6-for-monolithic-srvr-v1.95_User%27s%20Guide_en-us.pdf

For iDRAC7, Page 34

http://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_software/esuprt_remote_ent_sys_mgmt/esuprt_rmte_ent_sys_rmte_access_cntrllr/integrated-dell-remote-access-cntrllr-7-v1.50.50_User%27s%20Guide2_en-us.pdf

2 Posts

September 9th, 2014 07:00

Hi Joey,

Thanks for that. I added a key req for the question that was not there in my initial post. The doc were referring to characters allowed using the web interface.

" non supported special characters when using the RACADM command to set users passwords."

So we are looking at special characters that will break the RACADM command when "" are not used etc.

• 

3.4K Posts

September 11th, 2014 23:00

Hi Daniel,

Well may seems that quotes must be used for special characters, here are the instructions for special characters in RACADM.

iDRAC6 RACADM Page 33

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/Select/integrated-dell-remote-access-cntrllr-6-for-monolithic-srvr-v1.95_Reference%20Guide_en-us.pdf

iDRAC7 RACADM Page 23

http://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_software/esuprt_remote_ent_sys_mgmt/esuprt_rmte_ent_sys_rmte_access_cntrllr/integrated-dell-remote-access-cntrllr-7-v1.50.50_Reference%20Guide4_en-us.pdf

No Events found!