Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 12th, 2019 09:00

UPS error dell 2700W Fan failure alert

Hi, 

I have a UPS2700w and have been getting the error #193. The fan was damaged. I have managed to change over the fan and it seems to be working fine. Although the ups still shuts down and brings up the same error. I have downloaded the ups upgrade software as updating the firmware is said to resolve faulty alerts. I cannot establish a connection with the ups. I have tried the resets on the ups itself for factory reset and alert reset. The ups does not stay on for more than 10 seconds at a time sometimes less. I have also tried draining the battery but no luck.

I have used the multi ups management console and can confirm there is a connection. I have attempted to remove this as the forum states but still no luck. Is there anything else i can look into to resolve my issue?

• 

6.2K Posts

September 12th, 2019 11:00

Hello

The fan installed may not be a compatible replacement or the issue may not have been with the fan. If it is shutting off after 10 seconds then it sounds like a failsafe is occurring due to the fan fault. If you installed a compatible fan as a replacement then the issue is likely with the board that the fan connects. I don't recall us doing part replacements of boards or fans on UPS units. We typically replaced the battery, UPS, or both.

I don't think there is any reset or firmware update that will change the behavior. This sounds like a part replacement issue, I suggest replacing the UPS.

Thanks

No Events found!