Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 20th, 2013 03:00

Unable to edit iDRAC 7 Network settings

Hello,

I'm trying to set up email alerts for a few servers and have run into a problem with the Network settings on the iDRAC. The problem is that DNS settings isn't setup correctly on most of the servers which would require me to use the direct IP to my SMTP server, which I prefer not to even though it would work. I also have a few machine with an incorrect hostname set which prior to the email alerts has only been a slight cosmetic issue in the interface.

When I try to change the settings on the network tab in the iDRAC interface the page just reloads with the old settings once I hit Apply. There is a note on the top of the page which tells me that the NIC must be reset to apply the settings, but the settings still doesn't apply even after resetting the whole iDRAC.

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

February 20th, 2013 05:00

Hi AlbinG,

Can you provide following details

1: Which Server are you using?

2: iDRAC FW Version

3: What all setting you changed on iDRAC Network page.

4: Do you have VLAN configured on iDRAC?

5: Which Operating system and Browser are you using to launch iDRAC Web Interface?

Any network setting on iDRAC7 will take 30 to 60 seconds to apply. Can you wait for 60 seconds and refresh the page and see whether the changed are applied. There is no need to reset iDRAC to apply the setting.

2 Posts

February 20th, 2013 08:00

Using Chrome to update the settings instead of Firefox (18.0 and 19.0) solved the problem!

March 20th, 2013 15:00

Same problem. Firefox 19 on Windows and Linux would not change the settings. Chrome works (Glad I found this post!).

No Events found!