Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

October 10th, 2013 14:00

Update DRAC network settings remotely?

Is there a way to update the multiple network settings of a DRAC using remote  racadm commands but not have those changes actually applied until you enter a additional single final command?

I am asking because I need to move all DRACs  currently in a /24 (about 240 units)  to a new network that is a /20 so they will be getting three new settings. A new IP adresses, a new gateway and a new netmask so I am worried that if I start to run the changes as individual commands as soon as one of the three changes it will break networking for the DRAC as the other two will not be correct. I need to change all three in one shot so I was wondering if I can change all three in a pending state and then apply those with an additional command?

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

October 10th, 2013 22:00

Cameron,

You can do this by using getconfig and config commands. First you need to run the following command to get current iDRAC configuration to a file

racadm -r -u -p getconfig -f

Now open the file and change the network setting. Run the following command to apply the setting back to iDRAC

racadm -r -u -p config -f

This script will take care applying the network setting once related setting are saved. 

Let me know what is the iDRAC firmware you have on these servers.

615 Posts

October 16th, 2013 17:00

Thank you!!!

I will test this this eveing in our labs.

iDRAC7 - 1.40.40

iDRAC6 - 1.95

No Events found!