Start a Conversation

Unsolved

12 Posts

December 11th, 2018 10:00

Updating Server BIOS and configuration using SCP via USB

We have 60+ R440 servers (RHEL 7) that need to have the BIOS upgraded and two(2) configuration changes made to each one prior to deployment. We are a Redhat Enterprise Linux exclusive shop and we have no Open Management Server available. These servers will all be on independent private networks with no communication with each other. I know that we can use SCP via USB to update the configurations, but we cannot find any documentation for creating/formatting the XML files as all links that we have found in the community are dead.

Is there a way to export a servers configuration to an XML, via USB, without utilizing external an Open Management Server?

We are, also, wanting to update the BIOS version via USB. Is there any way to incorporate the BIOS version upgrade with the SCP configuration update?

Thank you.

2.9K Posts

December 11th, 2018 14:00

Hi Randall,

I can answer part of your question. OpenManage is what allows the use of local racadm commands, which let you query the iDRAC or make profile changes from within the OS. With OpenManage off the table, the only other way I can suggest is to use an SSH session to the iDRAC, which will allow you to issue commands directly. The link here is to the iDRAC CLI guide, which will be able to detail the various profile based commands for you. There are also commands to issue firmware updates to the iDRAC itself and to obtain .XML information.

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

December 11th, 2018 19:00

You can refer below link to get details on configuring servers here.

No Events found!